About This File
NEW! Optimize for keywords, keyphrases and synonyms, related keywords and all word forms
In Yoast SEO you can enter the keyword or keyphrase you’d like your post or page to rank for in the search results. We then run a check on your content to check whether you’re using the keywords often enough – but not too often – and in the right spots.
In Yoast SEO Premium, we take this one major step further.
We will not only check for the keyword or keyphrase you enter, but we will analyze your text on all variations of that word or phrase.
If the keyphrase is “room decorating ideas” and the synonym is “apartment decorating ideas” all the possible word forms of each word are taken into account: ‘apartments’, ‘rooms’, ‘room’s’, ‘decorate’, ‘decorates’, ‘decorated’, ‘idea’, etc. This way, you are truly optimizing your text.
With this addition in Yoast SEO Premium, we can guarantee that no other WordPress plugin comes closer to how Google will see your text*!
* We are constantly working on perfecting this for all available languages
What's New in Version v16.4 See changelog
v16.4 - Release Date: June 1st, 2021
Meet Yoast SEO 16.4: This brand-new version of Yoast SEO comes with a rewritten language analysis, plus a newly supported language: Czech. People who write in this language can now fully use our tools to improve their content. We hope you enjoy this update! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO 16.4 in our release post!
- Completes the readability analysis for Czech by adding the transition words, sentence beginnings and passive voice assessments.
- Improves keyphrase recognition in Czech by filtering out function words such as dvou, tvému, nějaký.
- Improves the accuracy of passive voice detection in Portuguese.
- Adds the missing Polish transition word jak wiemy (props to @jarekherisz).
- Makes all twitter meta tags self-closing, for the sake of consistency and to allow pages to pass validation in some tools.
- Improves the UX consistency between the notification counter in the admin bar and in the sidebar.
- Makes the notification counter in the admin bar a closer match to the counter the sidebar.
- Fixes a bug where new feature notification couldn’t be dismissed.
- Fixes a bug where the primary term for custom post types was not always properly set for posts edited in the Gutenberg editor.
- Fixes a bug where the schema output could be incorrect on terms with the same ID as the static posts page.
- Adds a missing space to the feedback text in the keyphrase in introduction assessment.